I would like to start this post by saying thank you to everyone across the UK & Globe that has viewed my blog, please keep supporting me and in return I will keep giving you more of what you love…CHEESE!
I realise that the 1st Anniversary was a few weeks ago but with the amazing opportunity of judging at the British Cheese Awards that has caused a whirlwind since. I have decided to do this post a little differently today by doing 2 mini posts within this main one, because I have a couple things I want to talk about.
Cricketer Farm Somerset Cheese, Cider & Moozic Fest’
When I was at the British Cheese Awards I was lucky enough to be paired with Greg Parsons the MD of Cricketer Farm and I started talking to me about a wonderful festival that they are organising. It sounds brilliant and the amount of things planned for 2014 sounds like it will certainly cement its place on the cheese festival/shows map. Below is a list of planned events found at http://www.somersetciderandcheesefest.co.uk/default.aspx
“Here are all the tasty details for Somerset’s finest annual celebration of Cheese, Cider and Moozic. Once again we’ll be bringing together the finest cheese & cider makers and bands from the region for your enjoyment and there’ll be ample opportunities to get involved in fun games and authentic Somerset shenanigans as well:
- Over 30 different locally made ciders
- The Peoples Choice Cider competition
- Over 30 Somerset cheeses
- Get involved in the West Country Cheese Challenge
- Live music from fantastic bands and musicians throughout Saturday
- Festival food served all day
- Camping for all
- Dogs (and cows if you have one) welcome all weekend!
- Sunday Slowdown Farmers Market & Craft fair
- New! The Massey Ferguson Tractor Safari will leave you with a huge grin and in no doubt as to where you are for this be farming country see
- New! Cheeky Cow Children’s Corner
- New! We’re moving the main event to the home of Cheddar making at Cricketer Farm
- New! The Big Weekender experience – Cheese & Cider Express included (friday)
- New! Cricketer Farm Family BBQ (Friday)
- New! Cheese & Cider games like no other!”
If all goes to plan I will be working with them to provide a build up to the event and the itself takes place on Friday 20th June – Sunday 22nd June and tickets are still available from http://www.somersetciderandcheesefest.co.uk/Tickets/page.aspx#Tickets so book them while you can for a very fun & cheesy weekend!
Since March when I attended the Food & Drink expo in Birmingham I have been in contact with many of the people & companies I had met at the show, but there is one in particular that I’m very excited to be working with and that’s Willie’s Cacao. I had watched his series on TV when it first aired in 2007 and was enthralled by the programme and his chocolate, so without any aid of a recipe I copied him making his chocolate & orange tart on the show and it was delicious; it worked a treat. To now be on the edge of developing a professional working relationship with Willie’s is a major achievement and I’m very much looking forward to what the future will bring. Next week I will bring you a full post on this subject as there are a few final things that are needing to be sorted before I bring this all to you. For now while you wait why don’t you nip to Waitrose and pick up some of his chocolate or from his website http://www.willieschocolateshop.com/.
For now I shall be working on the full article for next week but have a lovely sunny Sunday and enjoy the rest of your weekend.