Last night in Sway Louise Gordon (Limewood Sommelier & top in the UK) & Myself hosted a Cheese & Wine evening organised by Wendy Collyer and it went down as good as the wine did! Louise & Myself came up with a list of pairing 6 wines with 6 cheeses and the list is as follows:
- San Leo Prosecco with Rosary Goats
- Fire Flower Chenin Blanc with Wookey Hole Cheddar
- Tu Meke Chardonnay with Berthaut Epoisses
- Beronia Rioja with Cropwell Bishop Beauvale
- Long Lost Pinotage Merlot with Old Winchester
- Waitrose Tawny Port with Keens Cheddar
The 1st of its kind for Sway carnival and it may become an annual tradition as it was a sold out event. The evening was loved by all and the knowledge both Louise & Myself imparted on the guests was second to none, not to be too big-headed. All the guests left with a sense of knowledge & a better understanding of wine & cheese world.
My overall purpose of this post is to thank all who came & all who were involved in the organising of the evening because without you all it wouldn’t have been the success that it was.
I’m looking forward to meeting Louise again in the future and I also hope that we get to host more Cheese & Wine evenings like this because it was fantastic.
Have a lovely evening,